Now that you have your domain name and hosting service we’ll head back to Bluehost to install WordPress on your new site.
Step 1: Select Login on the Bluehost homepage.
Step 2: Use your Account Credentials to login to the Main Dashboard for your Bluehost account:
Step 3: Navigate to the Main Features on the Dashboard an select Install WordPress.
Step 4: Click on Install to begin the WordPress installation.
Step 5: Select your new domain name from the drop-down menu. Leave the ‘directory' entry field empty.
Step 6: Enter the Site Name or Title for your new blog as shown below. Fill in the Admin Username — this should not be the same as your Bluehost account username and do not use “Admin”. This is done for security purposes and reduces the chances of anyone hacking into your site. Finally, create a unique Admin Password — again, not the same as your Bluehost account. Check the blocks as indicated an click Install Now. The installation process may take a few minutes.
Step 7: Congratulations!! Your new WordPress Installation is complete. You can view your new WordPress credentials through this screen. You will also receive an email with your credentials. Store them in a safe place.
Read more articles in the How to Build Your Blog series:
- How to Build Your Blog – Introduction
- How to Select and Buy Your Domain Name
- How to Buy Web Hosting for Your New Blog
- How to Point Your Hover Domain to Your Bluehost Account
- How to Install WordPress
- How to Set Up WordPress User Names
- Configuring WordPress Permalinks
- Configuring WordPress General Settings
- How to Choose a WordPress Theme
- How to Install a WordPress Theme
- How to Install WordPress Plugins
- WordPress Security and Backup
- How to Publish Your First WordPress Post
- How to Create Your First WordPress Page