If you used Hover.com as your domain registrar and Bluehost as your web hosting service, this tutorial will show how to ‘point' your domain to Bluehost. The process is very easy, but this page is long you show you where each action is taken on Hover and Bluehost.
Step 1: Login to your Hover account and navigate to Your Account => Domains. You will see a page as shown below. Make a note of the Authorization Code as indicated.
Step 2: Open a new window in your browser. Login to your Bluehost Dashboard. Click on ‘Domains' in the Menu, as indicated below, to access a listing of your registered domains. Then click on ‘Assign a domain to your cPanel account'.
Step 3: The next image is a little lengthy so you might want to review it and return here.
- At Label A: Enter your new domain at Hover, i.e. www.mynewdomain.com.
- At Label B: Enter your”Authorization Code” from Hover.
- At Label C: Ensure that ‘Addon Domain' is selected.
- At Label D: Select the Directory name of your new WordPress installation.
- At Label E: Click assign this domain.
Step 4: Move back into your Hover Account and the list of your domains. Highlight the domain name and click on ‘Edit.
- How to Build Your Blog – Introduction
- How to Select and Buy Your Domain Name
- How to Point Your Hover Domain to Your Bluehost Account
- How to Buy Web Hosting for Your New Blog
- How to Install WordPress
- How to Set Up WordPress User Names
- Configuring WordPress Permalinks
- Configuring WordPress General Settings
- How to Choose a WordPress Theme
- How to Install a WordPress Theme
- How to Install WordPress Plugins
- WordPress Security and Backup
- How to Publish Your First WordPress Post
- How to Create Your First WordPress Page